… volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless…
Through promotion of volunteering and its values, education and creating volunteer opportunities to all people we contribute to problem solving, meeting the needs and development of individuals, groups, communities and the society.
Since our founding in 2002, the Women’s Room – Center for Sexual Rights greatly values volunteers and promotes volunteer work through involving volunteers into our projects. In such way, youth actively participate in prevention of sexual violence and achieving gender equality as well as contribute to positive changes in the society. We are wholeheartedly thankful to more than 30 volunteers who supported our work in the past year.
In the previous year, we organized trainings for volunteers twice where, apart from focusing on issues that Women’s Room works on, we provide education on the methodology of work with youth.
Women’s Room offers a range of tasks that volunteers can perform on a short or long-term basis:
- Office tasks – work on computer, data entry, phone, fax, mail, photocopying, assistance with writing project proposals, press clipping, inventory list, soliciting and receiving inquiries, assistance with equipment;
- Field work – promotion, participation in actions and activities of the Women’s Room; distribution of the Women’s Room’s materials; implementing workshops on the topic of sexual violence and trafficking in human beings;
- Organizational tasks – assistance with organizing workshops, different events and educations;
- Issue-related tasks – indexing texts, articles and entry of key words in database, search for books, journals and texts in libraries and on the internet, translation of expert articles, work on expert literature database, editing existing texts and lectures;
- Publishing – creating leaflets, brochures, posters and other promo materials, writing texts for the Women’s Room’s blog.
When a drive for volunteering comes from the heart, one will experience a feeling of satisfaction that will make them anticipate the next opportunity when they will be able to do good again!